Monday, May 13, 2013

Rubby Ducky Race at Disneyland

Every year Disneyland in California hosts a rubber ducky race for charity in the "It's a Small World" attraction. It's a cast members only event but the money raised goes to Make-A-Wish Orange County and the Inland Empire. This year's fifth annual duck race raised more than $1800 for the charity!

Each year, participating cast members pay a small fee for a duck to be entered into the race (which goes to the above charity) and many of them decorate their ducks according to their hobbies or something Disney related. In the video below of the race, you'll see ducks as Iron Man, Indiana Jones, the infamous Dapper Dans, Darth Vader, princesses and so much more!

I love rubber ducks so much and of course I love Disney and wish I was close enough to do this or watch it in person (also need to be a cast member...) Looks like so much fun as the ducks make their way through the "It's A Small World" attraction!

Also, how much do I love their logo for the race?! I want that as a magnet! ;)

Disney Duck Race video link

(I could not embed the video so watch it here!)


No comments:

Post a Comment