Monday, May 27, 2013

Captain America Sneakers

So today, I thought it was appropriate to wear my new Stride Rite Captain America sneakers. So they felt similar to the Jedi ones in terms of a deep heel well. But unlike the Jedi ones, the sides weren't digging into my ankles, even with my inward ankle roll.

But they were tight on me in terms of top to bottom (not in width). Under the tongue there is elastic holding the two middle pieces together instead of a common opening for the tongue. The tongue is actually on top as the strap velcros across it.

After wearing it all day, I realize I have to cut that elastic out. It's really restrictive and digs into the top of my foot. I couldn't put insoles in this pair if i tried. They would never fit me if I did.

Velcro-ing it across the tongue didn't look right for me due to how tight they were. So part of the criss-cross design was arched upwards just because I needed to try to loosen it somehow.

But I did like them a lot anyway, just like the Jedi shoes, it's something I know I'll wear to the Captain America movie premiere and maybe even for July 4th. I just need to cut that elastic to make them fit right.


No comments:

Post a Comment