Monday, May 27, 2013

New Star Wars Sneakers

Yesterday I broke in my new Stride Rite kids Jedi sneakers that have a cool lightsaber on the side of the shoe that lights up. 


I definitely need to put insoles in it. At first they were ok but eventually I could feel the shock to my knees. Also, the foot bed is deep. Not sure if that's because they are boys shoes or what. So my ankle bone kept getting hit by the side of shoe and digging in a little. Not to mention my ankles roll inward. So I think the insoles will help raise my foot up a bit for that reason too.

The other thing is the tongues were digging into the top of my ankles too because there is some silver leather-like fabric along part of it, so because it's still stiff, it was hitting my ankles. I had to stop a few times to adjust them to the sides so they'd stop digging into me. 

And I don't know how parents deal with kids wearing these cuz every step I took I was looking down at them light-up! I can't imagine dealing with kids who's not looking where they are going, especially in NYC! But that were fun overall. 

Despite all the problems above, they are coming with me to Disney's Star Wars weekends in a couple days!
Next, trying my Stride Rite Captain America sneakers! This time I'll put insoles in them from the beginning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment