Thursday, April 3, 2014

Super Robots Giant Monsters

So this past weekend, I was fortunate enough to go to a small toy show, Super Robots Giant Monsters, up in Lowell, Massachusetts to help sell my portable Mordles (keychains) that my friend John Kent let me work up.

Ride up was fun with mutual friends. We got to see our friend and Glyos keeper, Matt Doughty that night. Had tons of fun with him and catching up on things.

Saturday I spent the day at the table. Only really walked around once to the other booths. It was a small show so it was nice to take about twenty minutes to do that. Then John was able to do the same a few times as well as I watched the table. It's funny being a vendor for a whole day. It's something I haven't done in a long time. And having to make the same speech over and over again. But I had a good time doing so and helping out John as well.

I didn't take as many pictures because I was at the booth for the day and also I didnt think it was right to take pics of some tables with artwork and such. Yes, I can ask permission first but since I wasn't really there for PR or blogging purposes, I decided to just stick with being a vendor and common man that day.

So here's the things I did buy tho.

Of course I bought things from Toyfinity. Both Roboforce bots from the latest drop and the giant grey Jaws-inspired Mordle and the normal grey mordle pack, along with a giant glow in the dark Mordle.

From Glyos, I bought these: NEO GATEKEEPER SULLONEV PHEYDEN (pink/purple guys) and INFECTION EXELLIS (red clear)

And from Calgrim I got this awesome older fig -- Strawberry Shortcake inspired INFECTION
EXELLIS and yes, it actually smells like Strawberry Shortcake!!! 
I found this cool artist that did mini paintings on small tiny canvases of superheroes and such. So chibi! So I had to buy them. Superman and Captain America. The Martian the Manhunter was uber cute too but I had to limit my purchases…



Then I got one David Leblanc's magnet postcards. I love his impressionistic take on the heroes. Impressionist art is my favorite kind. Great job. I just wish I could afford some of his real paintings…

I brought my devils food cake cupcakes and homemade R2D2 cake to the show for the nerd boys (and the few girls) in our Glyos family to eat during the show. R2 took a beating coming up to Lowell tho where his feet broke off. oh well. But he tasted good all the same.

Doomkick posted about the show as well and gave me a nice shoutout. Thanks, Jesse!

I had a great time with my nerd/toy buddies at the show and the "after dinner party" at Elliots, a nearby burger/hot dog joint. Hearing stories of old times and stories of Matt and his father-in-law or between him and Calgrim keeper, Jesse Moore. I had a lot of fun catching up with those I only get to see once a year at NYCC, maybe twice with ToyFair for those who are lucky enough to go to that show. In the process, I've made some new friends as well from the group. And that's what I love most, connecting with everyone again.

Thanks everyone for the memories!! <3

Until NYCC or if anyone comes down to NYC before NYCC let's get together!

No comments:

Post a Comment