Wednesday, April 9, 2014

3D Sculpts Announced for Star Wars Weekends!

D-Tech has been announced for this years Star Wars Weekends!!

Back at Hollywood Studios, Star Wars Weekends always has this awesome opportunity to create your likeness as a Star Wars character using 3D technology.

This year you can have a 3D sculpture made of you as Leia in her Star Wars: A New Hope white frock or a Rebel Alliance pilot. Those are the two new ones this year. 

Same price point as previous years, for 7" scale figure it will cost you $99.95/figure, plus appropriate sales tax and shipping charges.
Photo courtesy of Disney
In addition, they will have the Han Solo in carbonite and Stormtrooper figures that was there the last year. The stormtrooper will still have the woman's body option, which is cool. 

And both the Leia and Han in carbonite figures will come in the kids sizes as well, which the carbonite one has had in previous years. It just meant you had a shorter body then what you see below. The head is actually probably around where the neck begins and the feet are up a little higher as well.

Me in Carbonite figure
Me as a Stormtrooper, female body form
This year, they are also introducing a large-scale 16" figure option, if you'd like. This option will run a pretty penny of $1499.95. Yes, you read that right, about 1500 bucks for the large-scale.


You get your head scanned on property, only on the Star Wars weekends dates, which run each weekend from May 16th through June 15th. And you can make appointments ahead of time by calling 407-WDW-TECH (407-939-8324). You can usually do walk-ins as well, which I did last year. I just made sure it was the first thing I did when I got into the park. No real lines at that hour. Then had rest of the day to enjoy the park and SW Weekends festivities.

In past years, this experience has been located at Darth's Mall, behind the Rock n Roller coaster area. This year they are moving Darth’s Mall to Soundstage 1 area between the Studio Backlot Tour and Toy Story Midway Mania. Makes me wonder how much more packed that area will be, and it's an already high-trafficked area thanks to Midway Mania.

You can check my blog post from last year when I talk about some of the DTech experience and the whole SW Weekends as a whole.

As much I don't care for this Leia outfit, and I'm almost more interested in becoming a Rebel Alliance pilot instead, I know I will end up getting both of these figures of myself. I want to collect them all unfortunately. haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment