Friday, June 10, 2016

My Whovian Proposal

I got engaged! And it went viral! Here's sites that it was featured on! This is crazy!

http://www.cnet.com/news/will-who-marry-me-time-lords-tennant-and-smith-join-proposal/

http://www.bbcamerica.com/anglophenia/2016/04/doctor-whos-day-roundup-smith-and-tennants-magical-weekend

http://metro.co.uk/2016/04/17/doctor-who-fan-is-proposed-to-just-as-she-meets-david-tennant-and-matt-smith-5822432/

http://www.blastr.com/2016-4-18/doctors-take-manhattan-12-things-learned-david-tennant-matt-smith-nycs-doctor-who-event

http://www.unrealitytv.co.uk/showbiz/matt-smith-david-tennant-doctor-who-proposal-wizard-world/

Ok sooo.... my life was a bit crazy for awhile... My now-fiance, Brad, got tickets to this meet & greet via Wizard World convention circuit. He goes hogwild for Doctor Who celebs. And almost no price is too high for him. Haha! So I knew we were going since Feb.

We both got up and cosplayed as the Tenth and Eleventh Doctors, appropriately. For those who don't know, Matt Smith played the 11th Doctor and David Tennant played the 10th Doctor.

He bought extra autograph tickets for me because Brad is very generous that way. I had brought my Tennant and Davison 8x10 I got at NYCC autographed by Peter Davison already. I wanted Tennant to sign this one too. And for Matt Smith, I had the postage stamp for him to sign if I decided to not get an 8x10 at his table. I wasn't sure yet. Little did I know why Brad really got the autograph tickets for me....

We waited on a very long line for the photo ops to begin and go through most people. I noticed Brad was acting weirder than normal... like overly excited than his usual "meeting celebs" self but i shook it off, he paid a lot of money to be here, let him have his day. hehe. We made friends with the people in line behind us. They were really sweet and fun and never done anything like this before... So we talked about all sorts of nerdy things and plugged the Way Station in Brooklyn of course.

Then I recall Brad having his phone up to his face at one point typing something out. I asked him what he was doing, again not normal behavior... You'd think I woulda known by now. Nope! Ha!
Apparently he was writing the people in line behind us, that we became friendly with, to try to videotape what was going to happen. So they knew what was about to go down! Of course when we got up there the con people put a stop to them videotaping anything. But at least we got a few photos out of it.

Ok back to the moment in time... So eventually it's our turn. As usual, we throw our bags on the side table, I get out my sonic screwdriver to pose with it. As per the photos, you can see Tennant is first and then Smith. I walked to Smith first, hugged him as he had his arms wide open for such a thing. (I did not ask him nor expect it...I'm not that kind of fan! lol) And Brad was behind me. So when I turned around to greet Tennant, I look down to see Brad is basically at eye level (not normal! Ha!) and see that he has a box in his hand... Then it all came crashing down on me and I knew what was happening! And that's the first photo in the series... With my mouth wide open not knowing what really was happening or that it *was* happening, etc! My brain was going a mile a minute!

By the way, I love Tennant's curious look of "Oooh I think I know what is about to happen!" and Smith's 5 year old face "Ooh what's happening?", like he's waiting for a cookie to appear or something. haha

I do recall Brad actually saying the words, "Will you marry me?" So I do recall I needed to answer or this is not going to look good at all! Ha! So I answered loudly, "Yes!"Which is probably this photo, right before I said yes...


Then I think that's when this photo was taken, a "hooray, congrats, she-said-yes," photo with Tennant and Smith cheering! There was no time to actually put the ring on while in front of them because photo ops are usually 10 seconds long. I'm happy the photographer took four photos!
Original photo before they signed it.
Signed photo afterwards.
Technically, besides the couple behind us, Tennant and Smith were the first ones to congratulate us. Which is very touching! ^_^

My instagram video shows the photos above and one photo of the ring.

My instagram video here shows the ring and Tardis ring box best.

Tardis ring box with ring on top.
R2D2 ring inside the box.

It says "Travel with me in time and space"

Brad wrote up his version of the story earlier, when it happened. (Life went crazy after this and I didn't have a chance to write this up until now...)

As of now we have no definitive date or plans. We have some things up our sleeves but... spoilers!






No comments:

Post a Comment