Friday, October 17, 2014

Incredibly Talented Friends!

These are the things my dear friends who are both local and some who come from far away, gave me as gifts during New York Comic Con meetups, dinners, and get togethers. I am so very lucky to have you all in my life and be surrounded by such talented and generous people. <3 


Left to right: A felt and wire-made flower from Dom Campisi, A 3-d printed Lego/Han Solo in carbonite mashup from Jon Lazar, a first-run/first-made painted Pugnacious riding a lizard from Bill MacKay, and a sleepy time blue bunny from Peter Kato.

The Pugnacious/lizard were his first hand-painted toys Bill tried his hand in. And the details really shine through. He really painted every part of the lizard, including inside the mouth and teeth. He hand-sculpted the harness for the Pug and then painted it all by hand. And you can get this figure from the link provided above, for your own collection!

The flower by Dom was done with wire underneath and felt over the wire. So it's fully poseable and stands up on its own very well. I love the colors!  pink! So pretty!

And the sleepy bunny just adds to Peter's other bunnies I've gotten from him over the last year. They are adorable and if I could've bought them all I would have! (I was having a bad Sat night after NYCC day so Peter gave this to me to cheer me up...) ^_^

Thank you all for your wonderful gifts! I'm finding room on my shelves for them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment