Sunday, June 23, 2013

Sooo, George Takei Wrote A Review on Amazon For A Grappling Hook!

So this was hilarious!

George Takei wrote a review for a portable/foldable grappling hook on Amazon. Did you even know you could buy a grappling hook online??? I've pasted below the review, but you can look at here for yourself, too.

Got Me Past the TSA June 23, 2013
While traveling to the recent Osaka Ninja-world Annual Gala and Silent Auction, I decided not to check a bag. After all, my mask, robe, and slippers neatly fit into my pink Hello Kitty knapsack, cinched tight across both shoulders. I don't know why I decided to bring my Ninja Folding Grappling Hook, or why I thought I could walk through security with it. First mistake.

"What is that?" demanded the TSA agent, who looked remarkably like Nikki Minaj. Perhaps it was because she appeared well prepared to cast ample "shade" my way.

"It's a grappling hook. Haven't you ever seen one?" Second mistake.

"You can't carry weapons on board," she intoned, gesturing to the prohibited list, then inspecting a chipped nail.

"It's not a weapon, and grappling hooks aren't on this list," I pointed out, in my good natured tone. Third mistake. "Aerosols, oxygen tanks, box cutters, but no grap--"

"You'll have to check it, grandpa," she interrupted, her head tipped to one side, a challenge. "No exceptions."

The woman in front of me gave me a sympathetic look. She apparently was trying to bring on a dozen Russian nesting dolls, which were being opened one-by-one by an increasingly incredulous agent.

I understood that I'd have to take matters into my own hands. I retreated from the line, then found an empty stall in a nearby restroom. From my HK knapsack I removed my approved ninja attire, then located an air duct by removing a single ceiling tile. (This doesn't just work in movies--it's actually a known thing.)

The duct led me to a Jamba Juice not far from the security area. I dropped down behind the counter unseen, then slipped past a family from Topeka with a single "shhhh!" to my lips and a toss of an orange to the overweight 10-year old son. "Eat this instead," I suggested to the bewildered lad.

Slipping along the sheer wall of the secure area (yes, sheer, F you, I'm a ninja), I spied a support beam high above on the other side, perfect for my grappling hook. I created a distraction by releasing two mice into the line. (This is also a known thing.) "Nikki" seemed particularly distraught by the mice ploy, shrieking "Lord, oh Lord, oh Lord!!" to my deep satisfaction. During the pandemonium, I swung unseen, as ninjas will, over the security area.

Check it grandpa, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment